Watercraft & Boat Insurance Information
⛵Looking for Watercraft or Boat Insurance in Utah?
You’ll enjoy the water, even more, when you’re not worried about the safety of yourself, your passengers, or your investment. Here are a few things to consider when looking for boat insurance in Utah:
- If you’re in an accident or your watercraft is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If your watercraft is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you’re worth.
- You also need boat insurance when it’s on land. Accidents can happen while towing a watercraft.
⛵What Should I Ask My Agent About Boat Insurance?
Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can you afford to pay if your boat or personal watercraft is in an accident, damaged or stolen?
- Is my boat or watercraft covered for use year-round?
- What discounts and programs are available?
- How much medical insurance and liability coverage is enough?
- Do I have coverage if I need to have my boat towed in an emergency?
- What’s the process for filing and settling a claim?
- Does the insurance company have a good reputation for customer service? Is it known for paying claims fairly and promptly?
⛵What Does Personal Watercraft Insurance Cover?
Home and auto insurance policies may provide limited coverage for personal watercraft. Talk to your insurance representative about coverage limits. You may want to consider purchasing a personal watercraft policy to protect yourself and your boat or jet ski in the event of an accident.
The personal watercraft policy covers:
- bodily injury
- property damage
- guest passenger liability
- medical payments
⛵How Much Does Boat Insurance Cost?
The typical cost of boat insurance varies based on the type of water vehicle you’re insuring as well as other factors. You should contact an agent for a quote to get a more accurate price of insurance for your boat. Here are some general pricing guides for boat or jet ski insurance:
- Liability limits start at $15,000 and can be increased to $300,000.
- Typical policies include deductibles of $250 for property damage, $500 for theft, and $1,000 for medical payments.
- Additional coverage can also be purchased for trailers and other accessories.
You should talk to your insurance representative about the type of coverage that would best suit your needs.
Jet Ski & Boat Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for jet ski or boat insurance coverage in Utah? Fill out the form below to submit a quote for quick, accurate, and affordable rates.
Check out our Google reviews.