Motorcycle Insurance Quote
Motorcycle Insurance Utah
Looking for motorcycle insurance coverage in Utah? Want to know how much motorcycle insurance costs? You’ve come to the right place! We help residents of Utah get the right coverage for their needs. With offices in Provo and Payson, you’re sure to have an experienced motorcycle insurance agent nearby.
Jump to: Cost of Motorcycle Insurance | Motorcycle Insurance vs Car Insurance | Minimum Liability Requirements | How to Keep Rates Low | Do I Need Insurance? | Things to Consider | Testimonials | Get a Quote
How much does motorcycle insurance cost?
Insurance coverage for motorcycles in Utah can be as low as $75 yearly for smaller bikes and scooters. There are several factors that affect the price, some common factors include:
- type of bike
- amount of liability coverage
- additional insurance for accessories
Are Motorcycles Usually More Expensive to Insure than a Car?
Sportbikes are typically more expensive than Cruisers or Scooters, but all are generally less expensive to insure than a regular vehicle.
What are the minimum liability insurance limits in Utah?
- $25,000 bodily injury per person
- $65,000 bodily injury per accident
- $15,000 property damage per accident
Does insurance cover accessories?
Most companies will include $3,000 (or more) of additional equipment that extends to protective wear and accessories to the bike, but we can add additional coverage if that’s not quite enough.
What discounts are available?
Motorcycle insurance costs can be reduced with Homeowner, Multi-cycle, Rider Safety Course, (and many riding groups and clubs across the country including H.O.G). discounts.
How can I keep the price of my motorcycle insurance as low as possible?
Many factors can play a role in determining the cost of your motorcycle insurance. Some factors include age, driving record, where you live, type of motorcycle you own, being a graduate of a rider-training course, and much more.
- Many companies offer discounts from 10 to 15 percent on motorcycle insurance for graduates of training courses, such as the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) rider course. Riders under the age of 25, usually considered a higher risk, may see some savings by taking this course. It’s also a good idea for cyclists who have already had accidents.
- Maintaining a good driving record with no violations will also help reduce your premiums.
- In many northern states, riders may save money by buying a “lay-up” policy. With a lay-up policy, all coverage except comprehensive is suspended during winter months.
- Find out what discounts your insurance representative offers. Multibike discounts for those insuring more than one bike, organization discounts, if you’re a member of a motorcycle association, and mature rider discounts for experienced riders, are just a few possibilities. Discounts can range anywhere from 10 percent to 20 percent, depending on the company and your state. Availability and qualifications for discounts vary from company to company and state to state.
- Keep in mind that the type, style (such as a sports bike vs. a cruiser) and age of the motorcycle, as well as the number of miles you drive a year and where you store your bike may also affect how much you pay for your premium.
Why do I need insurance for my motorcycle?
You’ll enjoy being out on the open road, even more, when you’re not worried about the safety of yourself, your passengers or your investment. Here are a few things to consider:
- If you’re in an accident or your motorcycle is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or a passenger is injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If your motorcycle is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you’re worth.
- Your motorcycle may be one of your most prized possessions. It deserves special protection.
Learn more about the consequences of driving without insurance in Utah.
Things to consider and questions to ask your agent
Your Independent Agent is an advocate for finding insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can I afford to pay if my motorcycle is in an accident, damaged, or stolen? (Ask your agent what your cost savings would be if you raised your deductible.)
- What discounts and programs are available? (Ask about discounts for taking safety classes or having multiple policies. You may also save money if your motorcycle is stored in a garage or if you belong to a motorcycle association.)
- How much medical and liability coverage should I have?
- Does the insurance company have a good reputation for customer service? Is it known for paying claims fairly and promptly?
- What’s the process for filing and settling a claim?
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY:
“Keystone is awesome, they are always so fast to respond, and they take good care of you! Their rates are also so low compared to other companies!”
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read our 580+ reviews on Google!
Areas We Serve
We write insurance policies for the State of Utah. If you live in, or close to, the following areas call us for a quote!
Your area not on the list? Call us
and we’ll guide you to the nearest agent!
- Lehi, UT
- Orem, UT
- Payson, UT
- Pleasant Grove, UT
- Provo, UT
- Riverton, UT
- Saratoga Springs, UT
- South Jordan, UT
- Spanish Fork, UT
- West Jordan, UT
Get A Motorcycle Insurance Quote
Fill out the form below to get a free motorcycle insurance quote in Utah.